Clinics are presented by Larry Steen and the World Jazz Ensemble with their explosive fusion of jazz with authentic Middle Eastern, Balkan, West African, Celtic, Caribbean, South American, funk/R&B and classical influences. Their presentation is friendly, enjoyable, and entertaining for audiences of all ages and music skill levels. The content can be tailored for any specific audience.
- Origins and background of ethnic rhythms, instruments and textures utilized by the ensemble
- Concepts and considerations in composition and arrangement of the ensemble’s repertoire
- Staying true to an ethnic genre and jazz simultaneously
- Non-western scales and their relationship to Western harmony
- Limitations of ethnic instruments in jazz and Western instruments in world styles
- Recording and production considerations in world jazz
- Overcoming obstacles in airplay, marketing and exposure of world jazz
- Demonstrations of individual instruments which include emulations and techniques of ethnic instruments on Western instruments. (For full ensemble clinics)
Please contact Larry Steen directly for more information...